Wednesday, June 10, 2009

If you love a place, share that love with others by making it part of their story, too.




































My hands are small I know...

Last week when I led two classes of second graders to volunteer in planting flowers, new sentences were written in the story of our park and their lives, that tell of giving, and thus, receiving...

Here are some photos from that magical day and my collaboration with my friend, Rena Askey. She honored me by using my words on our second collaboration out of three so far. Look for our first collaboration in July's Somerset Studio magazine. She is an accomplished artist and is well versed in the art of friendship and overcoming obstacles with smiles and grace. Blessings to you Rena and all the little children!

~Amy








10 comments:

Saucy said...

Nothing is as joyful as watching little hands create and grow. They will have taken so much from this act... lovely.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning dearest! I shall go find Somerset and see what you two have been up to! How impressive that you do what you love for a living and are constantly writing. How I enjoy this world! Merci ma chère. Anita

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Lovely to see you Saucy! Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Hi Anita! I am in this month's and will be in July's for two reasons, the collaboration with Rena and I am the feature artist for the Lively Art of Lettering in that magazine for my Exemplar. Thanks for the interest and compliments.

The Wrought Iron Gate said...

A garden is such a magical place to a child.....So many wonders to discover. My granddaughters consider my garden an enchanted place where faeries live and frolic among the blossoms.They love to help me tuck in new plants, and take such pride in watching their plants grow.

My granddaughter, Molly, was looking over my shoulder as I perused your blog. She wanted me to tell you that she loves your artwork. The owl is her favorite.

Best Wishes,
Kay

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thanks dear Kay! Blessings.

Coastal Sisters said...

Lovely pictures Amy! I will have to get Somerset so I can take a peek. My trip for magazine shopping is overdue!

LuLu~*xoxo

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thanks dear!Blessings.

robin dudley-howes said...

It is such a pleasure to find your blog and see all your wonderful sketches and paintings.
robin

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

That gives me joy to hear Robin! Blessings.