Thursday, June 18, 2009

I am so honored to be the feature Exemplar artist in July's Somerset Studio Magazine and in May's for the Call to Artist on Confucius!!!!














" A rose by any other name would smell as sweet."


Joy Joy Joy at being featured in such a wondrous place as Somerset Studio by Stampington!


Thanks to all the muses at Stampington for the gracious biography and seemless use of words and art. I am so completely grateful for this opportunity to be part of something so inspiring and breathtaking as your magazine!




I am featured on pages, 16, 27, and on 34 for my collaboration with dear Rena Askey. Thank-you Rena.


Thank-you dear light beings for making such a wonderful dream come true.


Light and love,


Amy Sperry Faldet


Here is what was said,


Amy Sperry Faldet has been noticing fonts on cereal boxes, the line of a leaf, or the way an eye looks when it is full of expression ever since she got glasses in the third grade. She says it began a happy dive into drawing and noticing, watching and appreciating. She explains, "Strangely enough, when I write on a daily basis, grocery lists, etc., it has always been a bit sloppy. It is when I send my heart into the piece that a letter becomes a little drawing with an organic life." It's that little bit of heart that ignites her muse and helps her find inspiration from nature, art nouveau and the embodiment of children's laughter. Amy says that if you could describe a child's experience of life--their joy, sadness, and innocent moments---and compare them to her drawings, that would be the highest compliment. As she creates, her four children are foremost in her mind. This Exemplar represents spring and summer; inspired by water and flowers, seaweed and growth, physical and spiritual. "We all go through transitions," says Amy, "as does the dragonfly, but the true transitions are in every moment." In creating this Exemplar, each pencil stroke is a new moment. When Amy creates a drawing, she sees the colors in her heart first, expressing a mood. She then takes her pencil and begins, as she says, "on the glorious bumpy watercolor paper." She watercolors the elements of the drawing and then outlines them with an 02 Zig pen. Amy is a full-time artist who draws everyday and laughs alot. Her days are spent gathering giggles, books, paper, gardening tools, and sunshine and feels the day is best spent outdoors or scattering joy. Her work is featured in two shows this year in New York at A Perfect World Gallery in the World of Imagination Show Vol. 2 and Sketch It Out.




I feel so blessed to have this bit of documentation about the joyous life I live. It fills me with light. Thanks Stampington and Company!


~Amy Sperry Faldet





22 comments:

Coastal Sisters said...

Congratulations Amy! I can't wait to get my copy of this!

LuLu~*xoxo

Silke said...

Congratulations, Amy!!! How wonderful for you to be published in this - I will definitely have to check it out! So happy for you!! :) Silke

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thanks so much Lulu! It will be out in Barnes and Nobles in July. I have mine by mail, so it comes to me earlier. I thank-you and send light.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

I appreciate that Silke! I really do. Blessings.

Josefine said...

Hello Amy

Congratulations!! You are so talented, you deserve to get featured. I wish you a happy midsummer weekend.

Love from Josefine

Beth Niquette said...

Oh, my goodness! Congratulations! How cool is THAT?! To hear such things about another artist's work (especially someone I admire as much as you) featured this way, is so inspiring!

Thank you for sharing, Amy!

Crinoline said...

Congratulation, Amy.How wonderful.

icandy... said...

Oh, congratulations, sweet!! :) You are a very talented woman and from what I can see, you really deserve this!! I am honored to be an acquaintance of yours! I'll definately treasure this issue! xo

debi @ life in my studio said...

Wow! Congratulations on being featured in Somerset. How wonderful!

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Have a great time, too! Thanks dear! Blessings.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

My dearest friend, CONGRATULATIONS! My computer has been down for two days and I missed you all, but what a beautiful surprise to see that your magnificent work will be shared on a professional and public level. BRAVO. Peace, Anita

ewa-christine said...

Congratulations AMY, you must be happy and very proud! I am so happy for you and you are my "fab" on this art!!

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

A cool summer breeze on a crystalline creek, that is how cool, hee hee. Thanks Beth for always bringing the sweet words. They taste great, lol! Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thank-you Crinoline! You are a blessing.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

You are a treasure, yourself, thanks! Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

I so appreciate it debi! I send you wishes and light, thanks.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Anita dear, sorry for the computer trouble, and thanks for all the sweetness! Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thank-you Ewa-Christine! Remember, keep in touch about when you are in things, too. I just love all you do dear. Blessings.

Andrea said...

Congratulations, Amy! What an honor!

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thanks Andrea! Blessings.

Terri Kahrs said...

Congratulations, Amy!!!! I just received my copy of Somerset and am thrilled to find you there! Blessings & Hugs, Terri xoxo

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

I am so glad to be on pages just filled with so much talent, love, and creativity. Thanks dear Terri!Blessings.