Friday, May 15, 2009

Stories of Dedication: Glimpses, Heritage, Visits





























This weekend in America many towns celebrate Norwegian Heritage with Syttende Mai. There are so many stories to be told from such a verdant and elegant country. Many faerytales begin in my mind when I muse upon this place from my ancestry. So, a blessed story of a peaceful weekend to Norge, I send in my thoughts.














After walking through many doors in this new journey of blogging and visiting and having received such warm thoughts and gifts from those I have met, I have begun a journal about how wondrous this short walk has already been. I have chosen a vintage book (1892) that has significant rain damage (and to be blunt, less than politically correct text) to cover and alter for my dedication story. Because I could not even imagine choosing just a few to award a "Lovely Blog" award to, I hope this compilation created with love will suffice. Thanks for giving me the key to your doors and letting me walk through for visits I cherish and I look forward to seeing each day your smiles, softening your woes, and cherishing your creative spirits.

8 comments:

Silke said...

I'm so glad to have found you, your art, photos, words, stories, and amazing spirit! Blessings, Silke

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

I couldn't have said it better about you, as well dear! Keep creating joy.

Anneke said...

beautiful stories and pictures again amy.
have a wonderful weekend

Poppins said...

Interesting that the Norwegian heritage still is so alive. I wish you a merry 17 May!
xo Poppins

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Anneke, thanks! I wish that for you, too. Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Poppins! Hello! In Stoughton, near my home the celebration is as big as any Fourth of July celebration:)
Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for stopping by with sweet wishes. Blessings and light.

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Norwegian celebrations? UFF DA!!!

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Pass the lefse, please;)