Monday, April 27, 2009

Welcome to the soft landing, the light-filled heart. Welcome to the art of Amy Sperry Faldet.


"The Flowers"

by

Robert Louis Stevenson

All the names I know from nurse:
Gardner's garters, Shepherd's purse,
Bachelor's buttons, Lady's smock,
And the Lady Hollyhock.
Faery places, faery things,
Faery woods where the wild bee wings,
Tiny trees for tiny dames--
These must all be faery names!
Tiny woods below whose boughs
Shady faeries weave a house;
Tiny tree-tops, rose or thyme,
Where the braver fairies climb!
Fair are grown-up people's trees,
But the fairest woods are these;
Where if I were not so tall,
I should live for good and all.



Sit awhile and dream today...
Blessings and light,
Amy

4 comments:

Silke said...

What a magical poem - it took me to a different world for a few minutes. Thank you! Hugs, Silke

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Ahh, dear friend, I am so glad, for that is the inspiration for this blog in every vision I have of it! You are such a delight to have met! Blessings from Amy.

liven said...

Lovely pictures:o)

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thanks! Have a blessed night.